Job Title: Graphic/ Web Design Apprentice
We have an opportunity for a dedicated Graphic/Web Design Apprentice to join our team. You will work with our senior creatives to assist with design tasks for a range of projects and clients. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to develop a career in the Media Industry and gain some agency experience.
The applicant must have a passion for digitally created Media (and potentially print), and preferably have a keen and solid understanding of industry standard software such as Adobe Creative Suite mainly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. They need to understand basic HTML and CSS, though on the job training will be provided.
The projects may cover a wide range of marketing initiatives, such as email campaigns and websites, print, magazine adverts to social media.
• A Degree in a Design / Multimedia based discipline
• Ideally, have an understanding of WordPress or a similar CRM system.
• Essential to have a concern for and a superb attention to detail
• Develop creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the client’s objectives
• Produce graphic files that meet with the specifications of production (size, format, etc)
• Design for digital media (web, user interface, user experience)
• Design for print (flyers, brochures)
• Contribute creative ideas for new and existing clients
• Make the effort to stay up to date with design trends and standards
• Support the design team where needed
• Demonstrate layout and typography skills
• Manipulate/edit images for print and website
• Source images
• Create and adjust digital images
• Show strong attention to detail and commitment to quality – while always meeting deadlines
• Provide customer service
• Self-motivated to learn new Web skills and stay up to date with the industry
• A proactive and positive ‘can do’ attitude
If you can provide a cover letter of why you think you are suited for this role alongside some examples of your work, Ideally a portfolio displaying your creative ability as-well as displaying your layout, typography skills and links to any of your online work or examples of your coding ability to: